Saturday, November 2, 2013

Witch Trails = SUCCESS

I wanted to say that we did great earlier in the week! The performances were seriously awesome. I talked to so many people afterwards and they said it was really interesting and entertaining at the same time. I think this is really great for us to be able to accomplish both. We used information and humor to create a real meaningful show. 
Even though it was a mock trial, there was one second (I own my weirdness) when I seriously felt like I was at a witch trial. I was sitting there with my fancy outfit listening to the first groups trial and I felt so righteous. Weird, I know, but really cool at the same time.
I think by creating this atmosphere, we were able to teach the audience overall what witch trials were like. Did you not see that question and answer session. The audience was so intrigued and wanted to know more and more. 
Overall, I'm very impressed of everyone in class, especially those who broke out of their shell to get up in front of a group of random people.  It takes guts to public speak, but it takes even more guts to do it dressed up like monks, pixies, potato pickers, and witches. This project was something that definitely tops off any English class I've had.   

Great job EVERYBODY! 

1 comment:

  1. Is that "potato picker" comment directed at me? Hahahaha.
    I do agree with you! I personally think the trials were awesome. I've never done anything like that in the other English classes I've taken, and I really enjoyed it. It breaks up the monotony of reading something and then discussing the reading. Not that I don't enjoy that, because I do, but I think the trials mixed things up a bit, which is always nice.

    ReplyDelete