Friday, December 13, 2013

Who likes Harry Potter? I DOOOOOOOOO!

After looking at series of passages in Harry Potter, I've come to the final conclusion that everyone seems to truly love Harry because he's considerably a underdog throughout the plot and people love to "exist" in a world other than the real world. A world of fiction. It allows you to temporarily escape your "current world" and focus on the plot of the story that let us say something that is going on in your life. Many people actually cherish the opportunity to escape to another dimension or realm. I know myself, I certainly loved and cherish books by Nicholas Sparks and I remember getting so heart-felt and mushy feeling when I read novels like The Lucky One or The Notebook. It was great to able to kind of transport myself into a different realm and feel happy and content when I had to endure a hot and boring day at work haha! Mainly, what I think is absolutely outstanding is the fact that Harry seems so timid and apprehensive, yet his true courage, bravery, and heroism shines through in the scary situations he encounters like when he was in The Forbidden Forest and he sees Lord Voldemort drinking the blood of a unicorn or even when he goes through all the "traps" to protect the Sorcerer's stone from Lord Voldemort who we later find out "inhabits" the body of Professor Quirrell. Does anyone feel the same about Harry?

3 comments:

  1. #obvious
    I love Harry too. Out of the recent major protagonist of our generation he definitely beats Bella Swan by a long shot. However, I think Harry and Katniss could put up a great battle. I think what makes me love Harry more than anything is his bravery, but more importantly his dedicated courage. Despite his HORRIBLE life not once does he give up. He comes close to it, but he NEVER succumbs to defeat. That, that is something to acknowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter is a great character, and yeas I think he is an underdog, but what I love about him is that he is a little mischievous. He's not mischievous and using it for evil, but his trait usually seems to aid him conveniently in his missions. I love that he has this trait, I think this makes him a far more interesting underdog than the typical generic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your views of Harry. He was a quiet and timid child and as he got older during his years at hogwarts and what he went through each year he got more brave and courageous. Everyone wanted to be Harry

    ReplyDelete