Saturday, October 12, 2013

Harry Potter

I was reading Sam’s last post on here and it inspired me.  I really love Harry Potter.  But the fun story about this love, is that I have never read the first book.  That’s right, you read that correctly. I never read the first book. The reasoning was, that my mother, coming from a VERY Baptist family she didn’t let me read them.  She said that they were sacrilegious and that she didn’t want me getting any ideas.  So I didn’t read them.  Until one day, I was in third grade (I think) my father, who had been reading the books, called me over.  He asked me if I was interested in reading the books. I said yes, but mom wouldn’t let me.  So from then onward, my dad read me the books when my mom wasn’t home.  The way he saw it was I wasn’t doing anything my mom didn’t want me to.  And from then on, I’ve loved the books.  But to this day, I have not read the very first book.  Everyone always feels the need to give me a bizarre look whenever I say that. But at the end of this class, I will have read them all.  And I’m very excited to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment