Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What is magic

I wasn't exactly sure what my first blog post should be about, so I figured I start with something basic. Perhaps as I write more, it will develop into something far more meaningful. What is magic? This question can never be answered because frankly, I don't think there is a real answer. Is it science, religion, superstition, technology, fate, nature, luck??? I feel like magic can be each and every one of those things. I think anyone could believe the magic in a a tiny little syringe of liquid that can prevent a deadly disease. Anyone before the technology boom of the 90's would see it as pure "witchcraft" that we can carry our own personal computer in our pockets! When unexplainable events take place, is it because of prayer, fate, luck? No one knows. Is this magic? 
All of these things have no explanation, yet all of them happen everyday. 

1 comment:

  1. I think magic can events taking place that we would consider being unnatural. I think a wish coming true or following astrology could be considered acts of magic even if they seem relatively harmless.I think magic is ultimately the unknown, which is why for centuries sciences has been accused of being types of magic as well. We don't understand it.

    ReplyDelete